Flourless Orange & Almond Cake
This may be the BEST orange and almond cake we've ever eaten-- and we've eaten a lot of orange and almond cake!
For this recipe we used our orange preserve and it seems to have made all the delicious difference!
A beautifully simple recipe using whole foods.
This is a wonderful moist cake that's full of orange flavour, achieved by using the whole oranges (rind and all!) alongside our spiced orange preserve. Boiling the oranges removes the bitterness from the pith (the white part).
It's such a great and easy cake that's perfect for any gatherings as it's also gluten-free.
All you need is:
- Three whole oranges
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 large eggs - 3/4 cups honey
- Most of the syrup from 1 jar of silver tongue foods orange preserve (leave a little bit for drizzling over the top)
- 2 3/4 cups almond meal
1. Boil oranges for 10 mins and drain. repeat this two times.
2. Rinse oranges, then cool slightly so you can handle them. Slice and remove seeds.
3. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line you cake pan.
4. Blitz oranges until a marmalade consistency (does not need to be completely smooth)
5. Blitz remaining ingredients until combined.
6. Bake 60mins.
7. Cool fully in the cake pan, then turn it out.
8. Decorate with silver tongue foods preserved orange slices, and drizzle with the remaining syrup.
9. Optionally serve with cream or yoghurt.